Google

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Time in Vegas

I saw this on Billboard.com while looking for American Idol information.

After reuniting for the first time in 15 years for the 50th Grammy awards in February, R&B/funk group the Time has announced additional concert performances at the Flamingo Las Vegas, beginning June 24 and wrapping Aug. 2.

All original members of the Time -- Morris Day, Jerome Benton, Jellybean Johnson, Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis, Monte Moir and Jesse Johnson -- are slated for 15 shows at the Flamingo. Tickets are currently available via Harrahs.com, with prices ranging between $65 and $125.

During the band's Grammy performance, Jimmy Jam introduced his fellow bandmates and group opened with "Jungle Love," switching over mid-song to a slightly down-tempo, pyrotechnic laden version of "Umbrella" by Rihanna, who then continued with "Don't Stop the Music."


Now, I missed the Grammy thing but will look for it on YouTube. But I love The Time. They are so much fun. I don't know how good they are now. But in the 80s, they were awesome. Sorry, the fan boy in me is coming out. Tickets are a bit pricey and I would be breaking my personal rule, "No shows unless it's Prince", but this is a worthy exception.

0 comments: